For those of you who don’t know what Team Fortress 2 is, first of all, I’m sorry. Essentially it is a game in which two teams of mildly cartoon-like characters shoot, blow up, and set each other on fire. It is a first person shooter that is available for free on Steam. I was playing as the Sniper class, and making generous use of the chat feature, the best part of which is that I am not only able to communicate with my team, but also with the opposing team. As usual, there were some rivalries building. What I found interesting is that even while in direct competition with one another, we were being friendly and respectful. I was part of a community of players, divided into two teams, pit against one another in a violent manner, but there was no animosity. In fact, I was making friends with my opponents that I was interacting with (read:killing and getting killed by) the most. I am constantly seeing arguments that video games are making us more violent, but what I saw last night was a group of people, who were all aware that what they were doing was playing a game, who were able to separate the violence of the game from reality. Games are just that, games. If a player is violent outside of the game, then it is the fault of the player. I have no doubt that some of the things in the game (such as what happens when a Demoman has his way) are not appropriate for children, but for a group of mature players, the game was nothing but fun. Just a thought.
- RT @EdwardCarryLoL: 10000 retweets for this post and i will back to Gambit ! lets see guys if u rly want me to back! 3 years ago
My Steam ID
- 360 720 ACIII Activision assassin assassin's creed 3 assassins creed assassins creed 3:liberation Aveline belt belt buckle Bethesda black mesa black ops Black ops 2 borderlands borderlands 2 boston boston tea party call of duty Connor Connor Kenway Dawnguard demo Deus Ex Dishonored dlc dust 514 E3 Eidos Montreal Elder Scrolls ezio Fall 2012 fifth freedom gaming gear gordon freeman half life 1 Halo 4 Hearthfire Human Revolution launch trailer Liberation mass effect mechromancer Midnight Midnight release Playstation promethean PS3 ps4 railgun RE6 resident evil 6 resident evil demo review sam fisher skill tree Skyrim Sony source splinter cell Square Enix sticky detonator trailer ubisfo ubisoft ubiworkshop unsc Watch Dogs weapons wii u Xbox zer0 zero
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Pokken Tournament DX Demo Coming Soon To Switch
- Reader Discussion: Which Game Have You Purchased The Most?
- Super Mario 64 Has Been Completely Remade In Minecraft
- Check Out This Star Wars: Battlefront II Starfighter Assault Trailer
- Bioware Confirms That Single-Player Updates For Mass Effect: Andromeda Are Over
- This Week On Xbox: August 18, 2017
- Thumper Is Now Available For Xbox One
- Caveman Warriors Is Now Available For Digital Pre-order And Pre-download On Xbox One
- Mages Of Mystralia Is Now Available For Digital Pre-order And Pre-download On Xbox One
- Blacksea Odyssey Is Now Available For Digital Pre-order And Pre-download On Xbox One